HOW IT WORKS:Your charitable fund is established through your VCF membership.
The Veterinary Care Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable foundation created for the specific purpose of helping veterinary practices fund the discounted and no charge care they generously provide to hardship cases, rescue groups or as good Samaritans.
Unlike other veterinary charities, 100% of every contribution to the Veterinary Care Foundation and its member practices go directly to improving the quality of life of pets and their people; all Foundation operating expenses are met by membership dues paid by veterinarians.
We make it easy for clients to donate, and all donations are tax-deductible.
Donations to a Specific Veterinary Practice:
Funds donated to support an individual veterinary practice are earmarked only for use by that practice. Member veterinarians can request those funds based on the Charitable Guidelines listed below.
Donations to the Veterinary Care Foundation Good Samaritan Fund:
In addition to funds earmarked for individual member practices; funds may be donated to support the Foundation’s overall mission. Distribution of these funds will be determined by the Veterinary Care Foundation Advisory Board.
Charitable Guidelines – Use of Funds:
Foundation funds are intended for the following use:
- Funding for Good Samaritan cases
- Assist pet owners in financial crisis
- Care for police/fire and service animals
- Provide support to pets of families in crisis
- Funding for pets harmed or displaced due to local disaster (such as weather, fire, etc)
Annual fees are paid to the Veterinary Care Foundation and are deductible as a business expense to the member veterinary practice. Becoming a member begins with the completion of a simple Member Application Form.
Offering clients the ability to make tax deductible donations will encourage contributions to the practice. In addition, Veterinary Care Foundation provides the following with the annual membership fee:
- Ease of access for donating/accounting
- Thank you letters/tax receipts
- A program tailored to meet individual practice needs
- Sympathy cards personalized for memorial contributions to clients’ pets
- Thank you cards personalized for contributions made on behalf of a client
- Personalized website links upon request to direct your practice’s traffic to your VCF fund’s donation portal